Thursday, August 22, 2013

His Blessings Flow

David and I will be married 10 years this Christmas.  Now that we're not so tethered to our children (well, I'm not), we've been able to spend a night away at Christmas while visiting my parents.  But we don't like taking a lot of time away from family (that's the point of visiting, after all), so we decided to do a little getaway this summer.  My sister graciously offered to use one of her precious weekends off to watch the kids while David and I drove up to Taos.

It was really lovely to get away from the heat and enjoy some time in the mountains (our lodge was in the Taos Ski Valley).  We spent one morning rafting down the Rio Grande--it was pretty mild in terms of the rapids, but fun for a first-timer!  I wish we'd had more time to do some hiking, but maybe next time.  The concierge recommended a little German restaurant up the road from our lodge...and when I say up the road, I mean a very steep incline!  It's 4wd access only in the winter, and there were a few turns where I was gripping my seat.  :)  I'm not much for heights, but the food was delicious.  We visited a yarn shop (for me) and a Japanese tea shop (for David).  There was a craft fair in the plaza, so we found some beautiful hand-blown glass earrings for my sister as a thank-you gift.  Overall, it was a very relaxing time together, and I'm glad we were able to get away before our family grows again. 

We've been incredibly blessed in our marriage--each year has been better than the last.  I'm excited to see what this next year will bring!

No comments:

Post a Comment