Sunday, September 28, 2014

Telling the Stories, Part 3

I knew I should have written out this whole long story, then parsed it out into tidy blog posts.  :)  But I think if I'd waited to do this, it never would have happened.

And in the meantime, I've quietly passed 8000 views and 200 posts.  Thanks for keeping up with me!

When last I wrote about this, things were not so great...not terrible, just not great.  Thankfully, God used a few different means to get through to me and begin the change.

First, the music.  I mentioned "Lighthouse" by Rend Collective--the 'out to sea' metaphor definitely resonated with me.  I was also listening to Switchfoot's Vice Verses whenever I drove in David's car.  It's a great CD, and it figures prominently in the denouement of this story.  But at the moment, I was listening in snippets and bits.  One song, "Thrive," talks about trying and not succeeding.  In the back of my mind, I knew the current attitude of "let's get through the day, maybe the next will be better" wasn't really how I was supposed to operate.  I just reread the lyrics, and they really capture how I felt.



Next up:  the words.

No comments:

Post a Comment