Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Post surgery report

Poor little guy.  The surgery went very smoothly yesterday, but it was pretty rough for Titus.  He needed a lot of pain meds during the surgery, so the surgeon warned us before we even got back to him that we'd be in two nights.  He was crying pretty hard when we went back to recovery, and aside from brief moments of respite, he was like that till early afternoon.  Thank you for all your prayers concerning his pain management.  He seemed to start feeling a little better and was able to rest for longer periods.  Debbie even got him to attempt some smiles last night.  :)

I'm so thankful for our friends on call...one friend took Katie so David could be there when Titus got out of surgery, one came to the hospital to be with me while David got the kids from preschool and came back in the evening too, and another came over to the house and watched the kids so David could come back for the afternoon.  Thanks, Diana, Debbie and Kate!

All things considered, I think last night went fairly well for Titus.  He was pretty restless and stirred a lot, but he always went back to sleep pretty quickly.  Of course I was super worried that he'd bonk his face in his sleep, so after realizing the little fold out cot wasn't going to work, I crawled into the crib with him.  So I slept off and on for about 5 hours, until I woke up at 2:30 and couldn't get back to sleep.  Now we are on to day two!

Here's my last picture before the surgery...I probably shouldn't have been surprised that he was so chipper, despite having no food or drink since the night before.  I hope we get to see him happy again quite soon.  


2 comments:

  1. Oh sweet boy! That must hurt so much! For mom too :(

    ReplyDelete
  2. Praying for little man and the whole clan! May you be rested and feel peace very soon :)

    ReplyDelete