Sunday, November 29, 2015

Thanksgiving Day



Every year we write out what we are thankful for on Thanksgiving Day.  Of course, given my family, it's not as easy as it sounds.  We have to make everything fit in our acrostic...it's definitely interesting to hear what everyone comes up with for two "I" words.  Of course there are many, many things to be thankful for, but here are the highlights, fit to "Thanksgiving Day."

The Art of Celebration by Rend Collective
Hearing Lizzie talk and laugh
Another year with Susie near
Nights out with new friends and old
Katie learning new things
Symphony of chemistry*
God’s voice and direction
Incredible husband who is perfect for me
Voyages, safe and fun
Imbibing coffee every day
New son and nephew
God’s family around us (the church)

Delicious preserved foods
A little boy who loves to read (Luke)
Yarn relaxation


 *I remember my mom saying people would ask my dad if he ever got tired of teaching the same chemistry classes every year.  If anyone ever asked me that question, I'd respond by asking if they think musicians get tired of playing Beethoven's 5th symphony.  Every time I teach through the chapter on electron configuration, I'm amazed again at the incredible beauty and order in atomic structure.  Teaching chemistry is like rehearsing the symphony God has written into creation. 

No comments:

Post a Comment