Tuesday, December 3, 2013

Buckle Down and Knit

If you notice there's a bit of a communication gap in this blog, it's probably because I'm knitting.  :)  I had a big custom order come in before Thanksgiving with a shipping deadline of December 4.  Normally I don't like knitting on a deadline, but I'm willing to put up with it for certain special people. 

I was making pretty good progress but got bogged down a little in the design phase.  One part of starting the shop that I've really enjoyed is learning to develop my own patterns.  I think I've discussed this before on the blog, but most patterns include a request not to sell completed items.  Request or copyrighted, I try to honor that.  Still, when you have to come up with something from scratch, sometimes it's hard to make the decision and start knitting.

I hope to spend this Christmas break putting the finishing touches on a few patterns I've written--a seamless V-neck vest, the fingerless gloves, and a few of the dresses from the shop.  I've already recruited one test knitter, but if any of those sound interesting to you, I'd love a few more.  Just let me know!

And yes, I'll post my Thanksgiving acrostic tomorrow, after I ship these scarves.

No comments:

Post a Comment