Monday, December 9, 2013

Trading In

(I just hit 4000 views over the weekend.  Thanks for keeping up with us!)

We're wrapping up our commitments for the fall.  Our life group finished before Thanksgiving, along with my running group.  I finished teaching last Thursday--finals all graded and submitted.  It's one of the nice things about teaching one little lab section.  :)

We're trying to be really careful about committing to things for the spring.  We don't know when we'll travel, but we want to a) be ready for really fast progress in the adoption! and b) if not, have plenty of time to get 'ready' (whatever that means).

So that means no teaching and no leading life groups.  That does not mean, however, that I will be commitment free...since I've already joined choir!  I love singing, and I really enjoy being in a choir.  I've been able to be a member off and on since I was a child, and the Hope choir was an extra selling point when deciding on a new church.  Unfortunately, between teaching in the evenings and leading a night life group, I haven't been able to join.

But, as soon as our life group was done for the semester, I signed up...just in time, since they started the Christmas music that week.  We have our concert this coming Sunday, and even thought we have a grueling practice schedule over the next week, I'm pretty excited.

No comments:

Post a Comment