Wednesday, August 6, 2014

5 months...will have to wait

I was inspired to restart my blogging at this point because Sunday marked 5 months that Liz has been with us.  Of course, August is also shaping up to be a super busy month...the peach invasion has begun, Katie has her preschool open house next week before starting the week after, and David may have to travel or put in some extra hours this month.  And I start teaching at the end of August--a lab I've never taught before.  So my resolve may be tested a little.

Our router stopped working too...ugh...and all the pictures are on my computer.  I'm too tired to fiddle with trying to get access to them.  So the 5 month update on Liz will have to wait, since it wouldn't be complete without the very cute post-surgery photo.  (ear tube surgery)

Many aspects of life are cyclical, and it seems like I'm either in 'put up' or 'use up' mode when it comes to food.  I've written about my freezer love affair before, and I've definitely been putting it to good use in the last three months.  It's beginning to look a little bare.  Thankfully, I feel like we're finally at the point both food- and attention span-wise (for Liz) where I can do some major cooking projects.  I really need to transition into 'put up' mode...because our peach tree is positively drooping with its precious load.

My goal is to can at least 50 pints of peaches, not to mention all the peach butter, peach pies, frozen peaches, etc.  The crop has been really late this year, so I took advantage of the delay and made some spaghetti sauce, chili, and casseroles to put in the freezer.  I'll need some easy meals when I start teaching, since I'll be getting home right at dinner-time.

No comments:

Post a Comment