Monday, August 4, 2014

Back to Blogging

So, I took a break from blogging.  This blog was a great outlet for processing all the waiting that went into adopting, but once we finished the waiting period, it was a) more crazy at our house, and b) harder to choose what to write about.
First of all, crazier...you know, with these guys:




b) what to write about...I never intended this blog to be about my kids.  Although it may be a losing battle in this day and age, I want to respect their privacy to grow up without all their foibles, mistakes, and challenges spread across the internet.  Like when Luke decided he wanted to sit in big church with us this week...and then threw an absolute fit because I drank all the juice (failed to prep him for communion).  Oops.  Granted, I feel like that was my mistake, not his, but still.  And there is so much going on with Liz, it's hard to know what to share and what to keep private.  I'm dealing a lot with my kids right now, so if I've chosen not to write about them, what do I write about?

Truthfully, it's not like I haven't gone through a lot in this transition from two to three kids, from biological to adopted, but it's been messy.  I've figured some things out, realized I didn't quite have it together, understood what I need to be doing, faced the fact that knowing doesn't make it easier to do...but it hasn't been a nice, logical, easily documented progression.

We were talking in my Bible study about times of spiritual growth, and I immediately thought of the last year...the process of adopting really stretches you, and I do feel like I grew spiritually through it.  As I considered it, though, I also realized that blogging helped me process and document that time of spiritual growth.  In some ways it feels like the last five months have been a little stagnant in that department, but as I look back and examine it, that's not true at all.  I just haven't been processing and thinking about it the way I did before Liz arrived.

So I'm going to try and do this regularly again, partly to examine and document how God is working in our lives, partly to work through some things, and partly to write some letters to my future self, because we might be getting on the adoption train again...

Finally, I really have some cute kids here, and I guess it wouldn't be a problem to post a few more pictures of them.  :)

She has since learned to climb up the slide...yay for older sibling examples. 


Katie made a game called "Monster" that involves trying to run from one side of the yard to the other.  Of course you have to avoid the monster.


No idea what's going on here.  Possibly Liz is upset because the popcorn is not IN HER MOUTH.


My friend threw a shower for us, and her gift to Liz was this little red bench.  She didn't even know how much Liz loves little chairs.  





Sisters!









1 comment:

  1. I'm so excited to read more of your blog. It such a blessing to see how God is working in your life.

    ReplyDelete