Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Letters to My Future Self

David and I are working our way through Star Trek:  The Next Generation.  I won't bore you with why it's such a great show, but we really enjoy watching it.  In the last episode that we watched, the Enterprise was stuck in a temporal loop where they relived the same events over and over again (a la Groundhog Day).  In order to escape it, they had to send a message to their future selves with the solution. 
It definitely reminded me of one of my reasons for doing this blog.  I've done a fair number of posts enumerating some of my concerns about the unknown nature of this adoption.  Although there have been times when I've felt anxious about it, most of the time I'm able to set that anxiety aside (thanks, David!).  I've learned over the years that being anxious about the future is a) pointless and b) kind of counterproductive.  At the same time, I know there will be times once we bring our daughter home when I will be anxious or worried or wonder why in the world we did this.  My mom has told me from time to time:  Do not doubt in the dark what you know to be true in the light.  I hope that when the darkness comes, I can look back at these posts and be reminded of the truth.


No comments:

Post a Comment