Monday, July 15, 2013

The God of Angel Armies

I was talking yesterday with my sister about our favorite songs on the radio.  David and I tend to listen mostly to Air1 (an alternative Christian station), but my sister mixes in some KLove and Pandora too.  I told her one of my favorites right now is Whom Shall I Fear by Chris Tomlin.  It's a little slow for her tastes, but I've always felt encouraged when it comes on the radio.  I know it's because we are facing so much that is unknown in this adoption.  The biggest one for me is attachment.  Sure, there are unknowns that come with a normal pregnancies, but unless something is really wrong, your infant will probably attach to you pretty easily.  We're facing everything from 'hardly any time at all' to reactive attachment disorder.  Eating is another one--even though she'll be around 18 months, she probably won't be able to eat solid food.  Who knows when that transition will occur and how much trouble she'll have?  And then there's the whole special needs part.  It's possible that we'll go to China expecting one special need and discover that we're dealing with something else, or get home and find out it's much worse than we expected.  But even though it's more 'what' than 'whom' for us, when the God of angel armies is by your side, there is nothing to fear.



No comments:

Post a Comment