Sunday, September 15, 2013

Clockwork

I have this idea that eventually, I will figure out structures and habits that make my life run more smoothly.  I will wake up in the morning and have a plan in place for the day that gets everything done that needs doing.  Meal planning is part of it--there's nothing like the 4PM panic of not know what will be on the table for dinner--and I've been trying out a daily list of cleaning tasks so my floors don't get too nasty.  The next big thing is adding Katie's "school" into the mix.  She won't be 4 until February, but she's definitely ready for something a little more structured. 

This quest has been ongoing, but I especially feel some pressure as I consider the addition of a third child.  As always, I wonder if I'd feel differently if we were birthing another child.  I guess I'd have a better idea of what to expect with an infant, and I've done it twice before.  With adoption, it's so hard to know what the transition period will be like, not to mention the special needs aspects.  Who knows how many surgeries or what kind of therapy she'll need?

I have this idea that if my normal life runs like clockwork, I won't have to think about keeping it going while I deal with this new addition.  (insert maniacal laughter)

Is that such an unreasonable expectation?

No comments:

Post a Comment