Thursday, September 26, 2013

I'm Back!

When I shared yesterday's post on Facebook, I wrote that I felt like Lucy coming out of the wardrobe, shouting "I'm back, I'm back!"  I told my parents that we didn't have internet because my mom has been working on a business card for me, but other than that, I don't think anyone knew I was 'gone.' 

Three days is not that long to be off the internet, but I did begin to feel a little worried about missing something important.  I began wondering if I'd remembered to pay the bills (which we do almost exclusively online), and of course, who knew what was being sent to my email!

No referral files, in case you're wondering.

There were less important things too, like not being able to check with weather before my run, the recipes I mentioned yesterday, and needing to look up a stretchy bind-off for my latest knitting project.  At least I got a lot of knitting done, although again, I couldn't watch Star Trek while I knit because, ah, no Amazon Instant Video. 

I'm supposed to do some kind of media fast in both of the Bible studies I'm doing this semester, so this has been a good dry run.  It's amazing how many times I found myself sitting down at the computer, only to find I couldn't do the things I normally do.  With a little more intentionality to this endeavor, I may find that limiting the internet would actually be an improvement to our lives.  

No comments:

Post a Comment