Thursday, February 6, 2014

The Pause

This week has been a mix of 'hurry hurry work hard' and 'enjoy the pause' moments.  I have a long list of places in the house that I'd like to declutter/clean before we leave (I won't show you a picture of my desk, the drop spot for all papers in our house), and I also have my short list of projects that I'd like to complete:

Taxes
Gift bags for China
The aforementioned cleaning list
Liz's blanket (to knit)
Packing list

On the one hand, it's been really nice to have something to focus on and be productive.  And it's lovely to have a less cluttered, cleaner house.

At the same time, if I finish this list by the end of this week, what will I do while we're waiting?  And in some ways, it's tempting to ignore the list, sit down, and while away the time, knowing that we're SO CLOSE to traveling.  After all, when it happens, it'll happen regardless of whether we are ready.

This week's pause is brought to us by Chinese New Year--nothing will even begin to happen until next week at the earliest.  I'm enjoying the lack of anticipation (which can so easily move to stress/anxiety), especially since I know that however long it takes for our TA to arrive, it will be here before I know it.  List or no list.


No comments:

Post a Comment