Thursday, March 6, 2014

Catch up

I knew I'd wish for a real keyboard...I hope everyone appreciates how much I manage to write on this iPad keyboard.  :)

Day 2 with Liz

We went back to the adoption office in the morning to finalize the adoption.  They asked if we were satisfied with Liz (of course) and why we were adopting (we wanted to?), but I'm pretty sure they were all formalities.  Then it was official official!  The last stop was the medical exam, where I got grilled about the "American medicine" that we were giving to her.  It was a little frustrating because I didn't know what they were trying to communicate, but I suppose it's good that they seemed to care what we did with her.  Maybe they are afraid if she doesn't get better, we will not want her?  If I were at home, I wouldn't have even taken her to the doctor for this cough, so we are not worried about it.

Waiting to finalize everything

Not a huge fan of the doctor's office, but she handled it pretty well

Our guide has been telling us to feed her congee, which is like a thick rice soup, so on the way home, she took us to a little shop and got us some to feed her for lunch.  We tried to explain that we wanted lunch too, but we ended up just eating ramen in the hotel room.  Her schedule said she usually went to sleep around noon, so we figured she'd be ready for a nap...haha.  She might have gotten a few catnaps in between bouts of crying, but we definitely did not have things figured out yet.  

We gave up around 4ish, then headed out for some Italian food, which was expensive and unsatisfying.  The food has been a bit challenging, especially after hearing my siblings rave about how you can get great food for a buck or two.  The area around the hotel is very upscale, so even the Chinese food is expensive.  And, by the time I've had some Chinese food with my breakfast, then Chinese for lunch, I'm ready for something not-Chinese for supper.  It's not super expensive by American standards--$10-$20 per plate at most places--but when you're eating that every night, it feels like it adds up.  But it is what it is, and it's nice to sit down at the end of the day and not have to do dishes.  Most places have been very accommodating with Liz too.  We did stop at a little bread/pastry shop and got a very yummy chocolate sponge cake roll to share.

As my last post mentioned, she did go right to sleep that night.  We headed to bed soon after.  :)

No comments:

Post a Comment