Saturday, August 1, 2009

August Already?

Update: I'm back in t-shirts now after shopping at Other Mothers, a second-hand store that carries maternity clothes. Part of the problem with not being able to button your jeans is that the edges stick out...not good if your shirts are on the tight side. I thought about transitioning up a size or two, but a) the only place my jeans don't fit is the waist, and b) I have a really hard time finding short enough jeans anyway. And I'm only going to get bigger. Sigh. I found a pair of jeans, cream corduroys, brown pants, and a pair of dress pants. I even found capris--something I have trouble doing in regular clothes because I'm short. They are soooo comfortable. Maternity pants have this nice elastic waist that make for a smoother silhouette, even with slightly smaller shirts--so my t-shirts are back. Yay!

August already--at least we're making progress on the garden! Usually August is not the time to be planting, but I figure better late than never. Right? This morning's project was the garden, or what was the hole in our backyard. David and I broke up the soil that was in there, added dirt, manure, and compost, and that's as far as we got. I'm supposed to be transplanting from pots to the garden right now, but I took a break instead because I was so hungry. My hard-working husband just moved to another project--burying the drainage pipe off the gutter drain spout. What a handy guy.

No comments:

Post a Comment