Thursday, August 1, 2013

Comfort and Rest

Luke is teething.  If there is one developmental stage I would happily skip, it's this one.  The drool, the nose, the fussiness...thank goodness they don't remember it!  He's always been a great sleeper, but we still have times like today when he cries out in his sleep, fussy before it's really time to get up.  I love that my arms are a place of comfort to him, and that he will rock back to sleep (maybe with a dose of ibuprofen to help...).  Every night I sing to him from the hymnal, and he sits, cuddled in my arms, drowsing towards sleep.  Both my kids are cuddlers, and I like it.  I definitely wonder if our daughter will be a cuddler, and how long it will take for her to find comfort in my arms.  We'll have to take it one step at a time, but I hope it doesn't take too long.

No comments:

Post a Comment