Monday, July 27, 2009

Progress

Although we've lived in our house for a few months now, there are still some areas that need work. I've never been much of an art collector--a few prints here and there, but we've never had much of a house to decorate. A while back my brother gave me a beautiful Chinese wall hanging, but it's a little small to cover a whole wall. That is, until Partylite came out with some cherry blossom themed pieces. Suddenly, the music room in our house got a decorating scheme. The wall hanging is the focal point, with some of our Chinese pieces and the cherry blossom candle holders rounding out the pictures. We (meaning David) finally got them all up on the wall tonight. The bookcase top still needs a runner, but besides that, what do you think? Now I just have to figure out what to do with the other side of the room.

2 comments:

  1. Brittany - I LOVE it and I can't wait to see your house :-). I know you have red carpet - I was going to suggest you paint those shelve a bright red but then I thought better of it (ha!). However, maybe a shiny black? If I was there (or you were here) I would paint it for you cause I'm sure paint isn't good for you. Also, please do not get swine flu. Nope Nope. Let me know about your job.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey, and it works with the red carpet. Stellar!

    ReplyDelete