Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Form I-797C

Imagine my excitement when we arrived home to discover a letter from Homeland Security in our mail pile.  Although our counselor said it's best to have no expectations on the timeline for receiving our immigration paperwork, there was a tiny part of me that wondered if our application would be the miraculous 'we received it in a week!' paperwork.  Ah, no.  At the very top of the Form I-797C is the following statement:  THIS NOTICE DOES NOT GRANT ANY IMMIGRATION STATUS OR BENEFIT.  However, we do know that they have received our application (on May 21) and have sent it on to the Hague Adoption Unit, which is something.  :)  They estimate 10-14 business days for delivery from the received date, so that means our application could be at the Adoption Unit right now.  They've even put a handy 'Next Steps' on the notice, which says our next step is to wait (of course) for a biometrics appointment.  I'm trying to remember the last time I waited for something this exciting to arrive in the mail...possibly my college acceptance letter?  What was yours?

No comments:

Post a Comment