Thursday, June 13, 2013

Some Distractions

There have definitely been times in the last 4 months that I've wondered what in the world I thought about before the adoption process got started.  At times it's consumed my every waking thought (and many when I should have been sleeping).  I'm sure part of it was dealing with the massive list of papers that we had to collect, as well as all the books that we've been reading. 

This consuming nature seems to be abating somewhat.  Perhaps it's because we're kind of done with the paperwork on our end, and/or because much of it is out of our control now.  I've also had some great distractions.  As you may have guessed, we traveled for a while in May.  I'm hesitant to talk about traveling on the internet, but I guess I should be better about scheduling some posts while I'm busy hanging with the family.  :)  My sister graduated from medical school and my cousin got married, and frankly, even without those things, my family is pretty distracting just due to its size (in a very fun and awesome way). 

I've had another family distraction for the last few days, but now it's happening here in NM.  And it'll be long term!  My sister decided to do her residency here, and the program put her on their match list.  Despite the fact that I've known about it for months now, it's still a little surreal and unbelievable that she's moving into an apartment and actually living in the same town.  We'll be attending the same church (when she's off).  I've lived at least a plane flight away from my immediate family since I got married almost 10 years ago.  Anyway, she's here now, so I'm having lots of fun helping her get settled. 

No comments:

Post a Comment