Saturday, November 23, 2013

Good Internet Practice

I sometimes feel some tension when it comes to the blog.  Like this week, for example.  The way I wrote, it probably sounded like a pretty normal week, except that David has been gone since last Saturday.

And frankly, it was a pretty rough week.  It's never fun when David is gone, but it's a lot worse when we all are sick for most of it.  I didn't feel comfortable taking something to help me sleep, since it pretty much knocks me out.  Awesome when you have a wonderful spouse who will get up with the kids; not so great when you're the only adult in the house. 

We survived thanks to some nice friends, brave family members who came over despite the germs, and judicious doses of Dora the Explorer.  There may have been a visit to the frozen food aisle thrown in there too.

Of course, I didn't feel comfortable sharing any of this with you...not that I think my readers are particularly dangerous, but it's just not good internet practice to announce that your husband will be gone for a week.

I certainly try to be honest when it comes to this blog (even when I think you may be tired of hearing about waiting and patience).  But there will always be things that I just can't share over the internet, for whatever reason.

So I guess this is my disclaimer, and maybe a little bit of an apology.  :)  Blogs are a great way to keep up with us, and it's why I write it and share it with you.  I love being able to share this journey with you, and I know geography, time, and other barriers make it hard to keep up with everyone.  Just remember that the internet is no replacement for real friendships--the kind that require time, conversations, and effort.  In this age, it's easy to forget that.

No comments:

Post a Comment