Thursday, January 2, 2014

Priorities

It's tempting to treat these next two months as my last chance to get EVERYTHING done on my comprehensive to-do list.  Of course, when faced with that daunting task, it's much easier to plop onto the couch and read my new Christmas books.  :)  I'm trying to focus on what needs to be accomplished before we leave, because otherwise I think I'll just be a) overwhelmed or b) exhausted.  Here's what I've come up with so far:

1.  The freezer:  Right now my freezer is packed, but it's also disorganized and has a fair amount of raw materials (like 4 turkeys...).  I need to organize it, then convert the raw materials into finished products.  I'm also hoping to have a good balance of freezer-to-microwave and freezer-to-oven meals.  My bonus objective is to get some vegetable sides in there as well.

2.  The car:  We really have to get a minivan before we leave.

3.  Rereading:  I'd love to get a little rereading (this time with note-taking) done in "Parenting the Internationally Adopted Child" and "The Connected Child."


Hmm.  I thought there was a lot more, but now I can't think of anything else that really NEEDS to be done before we travel.  This seems pretty manageable...more manageable than "organize my life" and "figure out how to keep the house from getting messy."  Now if I could just order up a frigid day so I could squeeze in de-icing the freezer.

No comments:

Post a Comment